Kent County Council
| £33,082 – £38,913 per annum (Salary dependent on experience and progression through the Career Grade is based on the fulfilment of required capabilities) | Permanent Full Time, 37 hours per week |
The Kent Approved Mental Health Professional Service is a 24/7 service that provides all Mental Health Act assessments for service users in Kent. We are a busy complex service across two sites Maidstone and Whitstable, although staff can work from a variety of bases within the County. The service invites applications from AMHPs who want to join our team as full time permanent member of staff or with a more flexible contract.
Within this role you can offer availability for shifts that cover the 24 hour period. If you require flexibility the minimum commitment is one shift every 2 months. Currently there is a lot of capacity for shifts and adaptable working pattern. In addition, you can complete Mental Health Act assessments for a one – off payment.
KCC and the AMHP Service also offer;
• Regular AMHP supervision.
Applicants must possess
• Registration with a relevant current professional body.
• A current AMHP warrant.
• Substantial working knowledge of all relevant Mental Health Act and Social Care legislation and Codes of Practice.
• Robust knowledge of mental health conditions and treatments, and approaches to social work intervention. A good understanding of the Care Programme Approach.
• An ability to work flexibly with limited resources and within a multi-disciplinary environment whilst ensuring that the underpinning principles of the law are maintained, and legalities adhered to.
• Good computer literacy.
• Excellent report writing, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.
• Flexible approach to working hours and location.
• Ability to work on your own initiative whist being a team player.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service and a relevant professional qualification (Social Work or Occupational Therapy) as well as up to date registration with the appropriate professional body.
The ability to travel across a wide geographical area in a timely and flexible manner at various times of the day is essential.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
For further information on this role please contact Anthony Wilson on 07970 267219.
Closing date: 28th November 2019